8/08/2009

Husker-Doo!

Lemme just get to the point.

Today was the dining in.

It was great though, there were some funny skits, and some really good times. I wish that I could share them all with you.

Because of my expertise with beer, I was chosen to be the pourer for the kegerator. That was pretty rough, as my current position is to not partake in alcoholic beverages. I poured though, and the keg's tap was less than par. There was a lot of foam for all who were trying to get drunk at the govt's expense. Not my fault, again, bad tap. My humorous excuse was that I only had experience in backyards and only after doing handstands on top of the keg, which seemed to calm everyone down. I continued my arduous task, and finally was afforded the chance to sit down and enjoy the night.

While not a combat dining in, where a food fight and alcoholic consumption is mandatory, there were plenty of chances to be all we could be. The skits were spot on, a maintenance skit was performed, where a game of telephone with the MXG commander displayed the different stages of the bullshit filter. Another skit was done with actors portraying the EFS CC and the AEG CC, as well as several other key players. I have not laughed in the last six months as I have tonight. The group commander impersonation was so dead on, even I couldn't do it better.

Yes. Even me. It was so good, I was relieved I wasn't asked to fill this position for the preservation of my career. Even the food, cooked by our regular flightline mess personnel was pretty good.

Afterwards, I went to my room and changed into some comfortable civilian clothes and came back to help clean up. I helped for a bit, but the calling of a deck of playing cards was too powerful to deny. Our flight doc and a dedicated crew chief played spades against the squadron commander and I. We routed them. After playing for a bit the community activities center told us that they were closing.
I don't know, we'll see.

In the mean time, I'm going to go to sleep, so that tomorrow, I can get my darling wife some presents from downtown Korea.

One quote to remember from my, well, just being me.

"CP!" (Cave Putorium)
"What does that mean?"
"Beware the Weasel."
"Seize the Weasel, got it."
"No, Beware the weasel."
"Right, Beware the Seize."
"No, Beware the weasel."
"Seize the weasel."
"Close enough."


Well, lets see on monday if I'm still a Staff Sergeant.

CP!

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment